Clinical Application Analyst
Our Clinical Application Analyst works in collaboration with Advocare’s Information Technology and Clinical Staff to implement and maintain the eClinicalWorks EMR. This position will perform analysis, development, validation and maintenance of the EMR while serving as Tier 2 support to interfaces users. In this position, we will interact with internal and external teams throughout multiple project phases and is charged with ensuring the services that he/she provides to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the company. The position supports the IT team to help meet project schedules, plans and timelines.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in the implementation, configuration, and support of the eClinicalWorks EMR
- Document standards, procedures, and guidelines for the configuration and use of the eClinicalWorks EMR
- Analyzes and implements proper application level security for the eClinicalWorks EMR
- Assists Advocare’s leadership with optimization of the eClinicalWorks EMR
- Assists in the integration of ancillary systems and biomedical devices into the eClinicalWorks EMR
- Demonstrate superb communication and human relationship skills
- Provide recommendations for improvements in processes
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High level understanding of the purpose and function of an ambulatory EMR application
- Familiarity with the operations of various information systems present in a hospital/laboratory and the type of data each one processes
- Familiarity with HL7 interfaces
- Familiarity with Clinical Application Security
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Strong ability in problem solving and malfunction diagnosing with a firm dedication to quality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates professionalism, confidentiality, and diplomacy and can serve a wide range of employees with equity and tact. Critical Evaluation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up initiative
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This position is expected to occasionally travel to our corporate office and our care centers located throughout NJ and South Eastern PA. Travel expenses are reimbursed.
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience supporting an ambulatory EMR
- 3+ years experience managing vendor relationships
- eClinicalWorks experience a plus
- eClinicalWorks certification a strong plus.
- ITIL certification
- Project Management certification or training
Lake Center Executive Park
401 Route 73 North, Building 10, Suite 320