The EMR Trainer will support the entire suite of eClinicalWorks (eCW) applications. This role will also conduct training for all system upgrades, builds, test enhancements and future upgrades as well as provide ongoing support and training documentation. This role will also assist with system implementation, template design, upgrades, system support, enhancements and report creation. As a trainer, you will work with our physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other staff to ensure that our EMR enhances physician productivity and the delivery of patient care. TTT will identify opportunities for process and quality improvement for patient flow. The role of the EMR Trainer is to develop and to conduct training programs for our new and existing care centers as well as training new and existing employees. Provide excellent customer service.
- Conduct training for all system upgrades, build and test enhancements and upgrades, provide ongoing support and training documentation.
- Assist with system implementation, template design, upgrades, system support, enhancements and report creation.
- The role of the EMR Trainer is to develop and to conduct training programs for our new and existing care centers as well as training new and existing employees. Perform customization's and add-on’s to eCW as needed by staff such as adding selectable options (e.g. pharmacies), updating internal contacts, and other functions.
- Create e-learning tips and training materials.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor clinical training schedules.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc.
- Test and report on trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Develop strong relationships with the clinical, front desk, operations and RCM departments to develop course materials, receive feedback, and jointly develop workflow policies.
- Perform proactive problem solving into complex issues with eCW that require testing, research and collaboration with eCW support staff.
- Assist with new practice acquisition by providing onsite support and competency assessments.
- Participates in new employee orientation.
- Preforms all ECW training as part of new employee orientation.
- Prepare training schedule.
- Develop and prepare workflow suggestions for EMR in all departments.
- Work with management to provide communications on system updates.
- Travel to sites to provide on-site support.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of ECW applications.
- Previous experience in a training capacity.
- Versed in ECW workflow.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records and other Software.
- Understanding of care center work flows and ability to make recommendations of how to best utilize the new EPM and EMR system to meet the user’s needs.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels and serve as a subject matter expert on the eCW system.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Needs to be creative and able to communicate through multiple channels.
- Must be extremely organized, be a self-starter, and have the ability to prioritize, multitask, and problem solve.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and attention to detail, including follow-up and follow-through.
- Needs to be flexible and able to adapt to ongoing changes.
- Passionate about teaching and developing others and enjoy collaborating in a team setting.
- Needs to be willing and able to learn new technology.
- Clinical Background in a medical office setting preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of clinical EMR experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
Lake Center Executive Park
401 Route 73 North, Building 10, Suite 320