Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator provides support for Human Resources processes for the Advocare Home Office as well as remote Advocare Care Centers. This role is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department and Advocare employees including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. The Human Resources Coordinator will respond to employee queries, agency requests for information and other Management requests. The Human Resources Coordinator performs all assigned tasks in accordance with federal and state regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs HR customer service functions by answering employees’ requests and questions; tracks and logs Care Center employees’ and Office Managers’ requests.
- Assists with the full-cycle recruitment process including drafting job descriptions, coordinating interviews, tracking status of candidates in the HRIS and responding with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested. Attends meetings to record, as requested.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Responsible for sending, receiving, and completion of new hire paperwork; prepares new employees’ paper and electronic files.
- Completes forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files; tracks document expiration dates and follows up, as needed.
- Updates and maintains Human Resources Department records, including maintenance of employees’ paper and electronic personnel files; ad-hoc reporting.
- Reviews benefits and other HR related invoices, reconciles, obtains proper approvals, and submits for payment.
- Assists with scheduling and tracking of employee training. Assists with preparation of training materials.
- Responds to employment verifications; completes unemployment and disability information requests.
- Assists with planning and execution of employee events.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Maintains HR email and fax inboxes, responds to or escalates queries for processing; processes departmental mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Periodic travel to Care Center locations may be requested
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Preferred Education and Experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills; effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism, maintains confidentiality, and exhibits diplomacy; can serve a wide range of employees with equity and tact; critical evaluation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills; strong sense of initiative Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- HR Knowledge.
Lake Center Executive Park
401 Route 73 North, Building 10, Suite 320